Want to learn some great new techniques to take back to your lab courses? The FUN pre-workshop laboratory experience provides an intense, hands-on crash course in a number of lab techniques. Enrollment is limited to 32 participants. Each lab is taught in a 4-hour block by an expert, and provides enough knowledge and experience for you to bring the activities into your own curriculum.
The pre-workshop laboratory experience is optional. Sessions begin at 8am on July 27 and conclude at 12pm on July 28. Advance check-in is available on July 26.
Registration for the laboratory experience must be made with the main meeting (no registration for the lab experience alone). Costs for the two combined are $695 with shared accommodations on campus, $765 with single accommodations on campus, or $615 without accommodations. Registration fees include all meals (for the lab experience: Thursday breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Friday breakfast and lunch). Register here.
Confirmed sessions for the 2017 pre-workshop include:
- Fruitfly Optogenetics
- Using NeuroBytes to Explore Neural Networks
- NEURON-based labs for Undergraduates
- Exploring the Transcriptional Mechanisms of Memory with Undergraduate
- Build your own Amplifiers for EMG
- Using Allen Brain Institute Resources for Undergraduate Labs
- Reflex Reversal Lab for Undergraduates
- Studying learning with C. elegans and Undergraduates