SFN Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) -- now accepting applications.
Here's an annoucement originally brought to FUN by Bruce Johnson:
SfN is currently accepting applications for the Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP). NSP is a three-year fellowship to enhance career development and professional networking opportunities for underrepresented minority undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows in neuroscience. The program, funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke<http://www.ninds.nih.gov/>, provides scholars with:
* Annual stipend for enrichment activities outside the scholar's
* Support for and annual meeting travel expenses
* Access to annual meeting workshops, courses, and events
* Complimentary SfN meeting registration and abstract fee waivers
* Complimentary SfN membership and subscription to The Journal of Neuroscience<http://www.jneurosci.org/> online
Please encourage your eligible students and postdoctoral fellows to apply. The deadline for applications is May 20, 2011.
For more information and application forms, please visit www.sfn.org/nsp<http://www.sfn.org/nsp>.