Special NeuroTinker Grant to help fund FUN 2017 Conference Attendance
During the pre-workshop laboratory experience, one of the intensive lab experiences will be learning to work with NeuroBytes, a cool hardware-based system for student exploration of neural networks. NeuroBytes are being developed by long-time FUN member Joe Burdo.
Through an NSF development grant, NeuroTinker is able to cover a portion of the registration fees for up to 15 participants! (value up to $200 to cover just the pre-workshop portion of the registration fees).
Applicants for this program will:
- Attend the pre-workshop laboratory experience (July 27-28, with housing available from the afternoon of the 26th
- Select the NeuroByts activity as 1 of their 3 choices for lab experiences
- Complete pre-course and post-course evaluations
- Please draft a 1 paragraph application indicating why you would like to be selected.
- Indicate as well your availability to attend the laboratory experience and main workshop and your willingness to complete the pre- and post- course evaluations
- Email your application to Joe Burdo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t register until after you’ve heard back from Joe. If selected, you will receive a coupon code for a discounted registration. This coupon must be applied to a registration for the combined workshop + lab experience. If you have already registered and want to apply, please email Joe and we'll work something out.