ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF INSTRUCTION IN NEUROSCIENCE - NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Department of Neurobiology, Northwestern University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Instruction in Neuroscience
Northwestern University’s Department of Neurobiology invites applications for a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible faculty appointment as Assistant or Associate Professor of Instruction, beginning September 1, 2018. Duties include teaching six quarter-long undergraduate courses per academic year or the equivalent in student advising in the Neuroscience major. Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in Neuroscience or a related field, which must be conferred by September 1, 2018. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated excellence, breadth, and innovation in teaching. We are interested in candidates whose primary career interest is in undergraduate education.
Applications should be submitted electronically at http://www.neurobiology.northwestern.edu/people/faculty-openings/ and should include: (1) a letter of application, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a detailed teaching statement (including course syllabi and evaluations), and (4) three letters of recommendation, at least two of which discuss the candidate's teaching qualifications. Inquiries may be sent to: email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin on October 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
• Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
• Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
• Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
• All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the "Submit" button.
• Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications will be accepted at the link below; see http://www.neurobiology.northwestern.edu/people/faculty-openings/ for a full list of instructions before applying.