Assistant Teaching Professor, Neuroscience, University of Notre Dame
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Notre Dame invites applications for a full-time teaching faculty position to support the Neuroscience and Behavior (NSBH) undergraduate major. We seek an individual capable of assuming a leadership role in the college's nationally recognized undergraduate programs.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• PhD-level expertise spanning the disciplines of neuroscience and biochemistry.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence (i.e. prior teaching experience, use of evidence based practices).
Responsibilities will include:
• Participating in delivering the core NSBH curriculum, notably in the areas of molecular biology, chemistry, and biochemistry.
• Teaching biochemistry for pre-medical students
• Developing an upper level elective course in the candidate's area of expertise that expands of neuroscience content in the area of chemistry and/or biochemistry.
• Contributing to the development of a neurochemistry track that will bridge the gap between the existing biochemistry and NSBH majors.
The candidate should have a PhD in neuroscience, with an emphasis on biochemical processes. Post-doctoral experience/training is desired, but not required for consideration. Teaching experience at the college level is necessary. Candidates should upload a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy that includes a portfolio of prior independent teaching experience, and three letters of recommendation to https://apply.interfolio.com/48933. For more information, please contact Professor Joseph O’Tousa (email@example.com), Academic Program Director of the NSBH major. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. The start date is anticipated to be July 1, 2018. The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).